“The world is not the most pleasant place. Eventually your parents leave you and nobody is going to go out of their way to protect you unconditionally. You need to learn to stand up for yourself and what you believe and sometimes pardon my language, kick some ass”
-Queen Elizabeth II
For the first time I have no words! I am sure though there are no words especially when the pictures have done more than justice.
Photography Courtesy Ashish Gurbani! Without these grand images the Imperial Chronicle tale wouldn’t have been possible. Do check out his website where all his photography work is up www.ashishgurbani.com or his Facebook Page Ashish Gurbani Studio
For all of you who don’t know, I was in Udaipur actually for a destination wedding. It was a Workation as I was there as the bride’s Hairstylist & Makeup Artist 🙂 It’s the first time I have travelled that far for work
Even though the pictures have been a royal tale in them self. I yet would love to share a little story. This is about how I came to possess such a magnificent outfit. This actually happens to be my first ‘Designer Lehenga’. As exciting as it was, getting the lehenga to look the way it does was a journey in itself spread over four months. A big Thank you to my Designer Ginni she literally made this a dream lehenga (especially knowing that its a one of a kind).
- The first step before actually designing an outfit is referencing & actually deciding what kind of style you like! For me Im more about an outfit being evergreen (yet being trendy).
- Next step is when the designer tries to incorporate what you like or want to what will best be suited to your personality & body shape.
- Then comes the sketching part. Which is totally the designer’s skill.
- Now coming to main part where you decide what material, how much embroidey & work you want on your outfit deoending on your budget (if you have a figure in mind). This way is helps the designer know how much she can go out on the outfit!
- Sampling is the first step of the outfit coming to life. My designer literally called me after doing a patch of embroidery to show me how the work on the outfit would look like. Post dyeing small patches she should me what shade of pink I would like.
As tedious as the process might seems, a designer outfit helps you put together an outfit that perfectly matches what you want.
There on its just fittings & a little here & there. But like they say a strong superstructure arises from a solid foundation . That’s exactly how it went 🙂
For Hair, Makeup & Accessorising too it all goes hand in hand!
For this shoot I actually fell short of time with prepping (since the bride’s pre wedding shoot was just before mine & obviously that was priority). The original plan was to curl my hair. But even though I couldnt what stole the show was the maathapati (headgear). Because I wore such a big piece on my head I skipped the earings.
For the makeup there again was a lot of bling happening on the head so I decided to skip any bright colour in my eyes & kept it to a Purple smoked eye look with bright pink lips for that hint of colour to light up the face.
I absolutely love adorning my fingers & wrist. A handharness was an obvious option but then I decided to go a little OTT with a dual finger ring on the other hand as well (Indians love going OTT anyway but this is the classy way you can do so).
All in all everything turned out to be a hit which the images do show. But I would love to hear from you, so do leave your comments below.
Follow me on Instagram @misschopchop for all my majestic images.
Be Yourself & Shine On ❤