The Style Chair brings to you Summer’s Must-Have Bright Lipsticks & a Duo-Toned Lip Tutorial! (at the end)
Come summer & all the colours are out. So why should the clothes have all the fun!
Listed below are my favourites from the summer lip shades of different textures & brands. Take your pick ❤
Lancome Pink BonBon
I love this neonish pink lipstick for its shade & texture. Love the sheen it gives to the lips without looking too glossy. This lipstick is feather, you actually forget you’ve worn something on the lips! Perfect for summers.
The brightest orange I’ve ever seen around & I absolutely love it. It also gives me a chance to mix with my peach lipsticks & red lipsticks to give beautiful new shades. This one’s an ‘amplified’ texture.
For that fresh look this summer I just swear by this peach lippie by MAC. This one is creamsheen texture so it moisturises the lips but is yet a matte shade.
Colorbar Sensous Red Lip Crayon
What I love most about the Colorbar lip crayon is the pigmentation & texture. Love the idea of a crayon because it saves me the trouble of using a lip liner. About the shade, well it’s the most perfect orange-red shade I’ve seen ❤ Even the rest of the shades in the Colorbar Crayons are love.
Bright lips & summer colours is fine but isn’t everyone going to be wearing them?
So I have something different you can do with these bright pinks & orange for a brunch or even a night-out.
Step by Step-
The perfect tool
for this would be lipliner pencils
as they are more precise & don’t transfer as much. Then the above pink & orange lipsticks can be used as well.
After doing your full make-up, the lips can be done the following way-
Used the Colorbar lip definer pencil in ‘sizzling orange’ shade & Chambor lipliner in PK-11 shade.
- Outline the outer half of the lip on both the sides with Pink Lip liner. Fill the area too with a more feathered effect (uneven edges) towards the centre of the lip. Go over & deposit more colour with the lip liner pencil towards the outer corner of the lip.
- Similarly outline the inner half of the lip on both sides leaving out the ‘V’ in the centre. Make sure both the sides of the orange colour are done feathered (uneven).
if you cant manage giving a feathery effect & have created a clear demarcation between the two colours then use a tissue & just dab both the ends of the orange colour portion.
- Both the colour shades will be more blended now.
- To add more colour deposit, swipe on the lipstick in orange & pink in their respective areas.
- Smack the lips two-three times & the colours will all be blended.
Wore this look for a day out with friends & I believe I quite rocked the colourful look in the blaring heat too 😉
If you’ve liked the look just leave a comment at the bottom of the page & I shall give you more posts like this 😀
Be Yourself & Shine On ❤
Facebook- The Style Chair