Recently I was asked by a client what is Nude Make-up? I know most of you wonder how celebs have flawless skin! Well, It’s all the magic of Makeup ladies!
Make-up that doesn’t look made up! That is exactly what Natural or Nude Make-up is 🙂
Nude makeup is all about flawless skin tone & most importantly keeping the eyes & lips minimal!
Like the transformation & wondering how to do it?
- Create a flawless base. Start by,
Concealing– I’ve used the MAC Studio finish cream concealer (shade NC 35), which is the best for Indian skin tone & weather conditions! Apply with a concealer brush.
- Foundation– Use a foundation shade that absolutely matches your skin tone or is half a shade lighter than your skin tone (as the base looks darker after a while due to oxidisation). For a more blended effect use a Blending brush/ Stipling brush 🙂
Used the AVON Cashmere advanced foundation with SPF 15!
- Pressed Powder– to set the foundation & to give a matte finish (especially for oily skin) use a light pressed powder.
Used the MAC Pressed Powder in shade NC 35.
Natural/ Nude eye makeup can only be done with neutral colours. Nude pinks, Nude browns, even lilac purple shades are a good choice 🙂
- Apply a nude base to give the eyes an even tone. Used the MAC Groundwork Paintpot here (cream eyeshadow base)
- Apply the selected nude eyeshadow shade all over the eyelid.
- With a blending brush blend the crease line. Thus not leaving any clear demarcation! Note- if you dont have a blending brush just use the pad of your finger.
- Use a kohl pencil in preferably a dark brown & apply a thin-medium outline to the upper lid.
With a smudger, smudge the eyeliner too so as to remove the defined line.
- Use a brown eye pencil to liner the lower lash line & again smudge.
- Apply mascara.
Nude lips. MAC has beautiful Nude shades to explore. But my recent favourite nude colour from my win ter favourite lipsticks is the Colorbar sheer creme lipstick- Subtly Nude!
- First line & fill the lips with a nude coloured lip liner pencil.
Here I’ve used the MAC ‘Spice’ lipliner pencil.
- Apply the selected nude coloured lipstick.
- Apply some gloss just to the centre of the lips for that glossy touch to the look 🙂
Quick overview of the Natural/ Nude Makeup-
There is also a Video Tutorial by me on my YouTube Channel. For the Natural/ Nude Makeup Tutorial Click HERE.
For more updates from The Style Chair, Stay Tuned to The Style Chair Facebook Page